Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Lucasfilm's Habitat

Intro

* This project was one of the first attempts to create a very large scale, commercial, many-user, graphical virtual environment.

* It proved to be a rich source of insights into the nitty gritty reality of actually implementing a serious, commercially viable cyberspace environment.

*Offers a number of important lessons for prospective cyberspace architects.

Lessons

*Communications bandwidth is a scarce resource
*An object oriented data representation is essential
*The implementation platform is relatively important
*Data communications standards

Second Life

* Throughout playing the game Second Life, I had a great experience. One thing I have always been interested in is aviation; all though I am scared to take a plane. In the game I was able to find people who have the same interest, and also learn how to fly a plane in the game. The second life community I joined was very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment